Adding a New Banner is easy! These instructions will walk you through the process.
Step 1: Visit the Add New Banner page
You can find this menu under Banners -> Add New Banner.
Step 2: Fill out your Banner content
Here is a quick overview of some of the more important fields. You can edit this banner later and change these fields at any time.
- Banner Title: this is for internal reference.
- Banner Image: this image is shown as the banner.
- Banner Caption: this is the content of your Banner. This will be output in the Call to Action bar.
- Target URL: where a user should be sent when they click on the banner or the call to action button.
- Call To Action Text: the “Call To Action” (text) of the button. Leave this field blank to hide the call to action button.
- CSS Class: any extra CSS classes that you would like applied to this banner.
- Expiration Date: this is an optional setting that you can use to have the banner not be shown after a certain date.
When you’ve filled out all the fields you’d like to, click Publish. You can come back and edit this Banner any time.
If you’d like, go ahead and add several Banners now. Or if you’re ready to move on, continue to step 3 now.
Step 3: Add your banner to your website!
Once you’ve added your first Banner, you’ll want to display it on your website!
Simply look for the Shortcodes meta box, and copy the shortcode for this Banner. Then paste this shortcode into any page or post, and your Banner will appear in that location.
That’s only one of many ways you can add your new Banners to your website. You can also add Banners by using our editor buttons (look for the new Banners menu when you edit your Pages and Posts), or using the Custom Banners widgets (found under the Appearance » Widgets menu).
In addition to displaying your Banners individually, you can also display them in a list and a banner slider. You’ll find editor buttons and widgets for all of these functions. Read more about them here.